Social & Digital Media Internship
BrassyBrown.com—the digital home of New Orleans women of color seeks a social media savvy intern to assist with the rapid growth of the blog for the Fall 2014 (September through December/January), Winter/Spring 2015 (January-May) or Summer 2015 (May-August).
The main focus of this internship is not writing. We are seeking a student who loves social media and enjoys creating digital, interactive content. If you love making things happen behind the scenes and screen this internship is for you.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Compensation: This is a resume/portfolio building opportunity to connect to meaningful projects that affect and empower women of color while earning academic credit.
The social media student will work to grow and maintain our audience, social media presence including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google + and more. In addition to working on social media platforms student(s) must be able to create quality videos, podcasts, e-books, e-store, media kits and other interactive media/projects. Other administrative tasks as needed.
1. Must by a current college student in New Orleans. Preference is given to students in Digital Media, Film, Marketing, Journalism or Communications and/or currently working towards a marketing, journalism, communication or related degree.
2. Must have above average social media skills and be able to develop quality videos, podcasts, e-books, e and other interactive media.
2. Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, WordPress, etc
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
6. Ability to take initiative, problem solve and perform research
7. Creativity and flexibility
8. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Video Editing or InDesign preferred
9. Experience with online advertising and/or analytics preferred
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief description of your social media experience and why you want to intern with BrassyBrown.com to: Kelly Harris at email@example.com. Subject: “Internship.” Serious inquiries please.