T. Chantell’s 5 Dating Tips
Dating can be very intimidating. Dating is never easy, but here are a few tips to help make the date enjoyable:
1. Relax. Be confident and natural. Don’t pretend to be someone you are not.
2. Be courteous.
3. Men: Put some thought into the date, show some chivalry, open the door, pull out the chair, and bring flowers. Show her that you know how to treat a woman.
4. Ladies, consider what you will be doing on your date, the location and weather when deciding on an outfit, but never too revealing.
Keep an open mind. Love may not look like what you think it should.
Where to go for Valentine’s Day
1. Victory on Baronne St. (off of Canal Street) is widely known for its specialty cocktails. It’s a cozy atmosphere that is perfect for two.
2. Dish on Hayne Blvd. is a tucked away upscale restaurant and lounge with a great menu at reasonable prices.
3. Li’l Dizzy’s Cafe, located at 1500 Esplanade Ave is a family owned business that has been around for years. It’s the perfect place for couples that wants food that tastes like it came from your mama’s kitchen.
4. Chophouse New Orleans, located right off of Canal Street offers a romantic and exquisite ambiance, with live entertainment nightly and impeccable service. This is the perfect little tucked away intimate restaurant for any couple.
5. Clancy’s features classic creole cuisine with an amazing wine cellar, located on Annunciation Street. Great N’Awlins cuisine and good conversation happens here.
6. Cochon on Tchoupitoulas Street, is a great place for an afternoon date. The contemporary dining room, simple homemade foods, and signature drinks are sure to please.
7. SoBou on Rue Chartres offers an eclectic modern feel with a bit of soul and is mostly known for their pink elephant martini. This is a great restaurant for lunch or dinner; it’s cozy with awesome food at affordable prices.
T. Chantell co-founded the Single Urban Professionals Network. S.U.P NOLA is a business designed to enhance networking opportunities for men and women. Chantell has several years of experience in government contracting and finance and is passionate about empowering women.