Here are 5 things we think are worth keeping your eye on in 2014:
1) Mayoral Election: Mark February 1st on your calendar. What expectations do you have of your mayor? Are we going in the right direction or do we need a change in leadership?
2) Crime. Crime. Crime: The City says the numbers of murders in 2013 were the lowest since 1971. Do you feel safe?
3) Recovery School District: RSD will be the first all-charter school system in the U.S. in 2014. How will this impact our children and parents?
4) Gentrification or Progress? The city’s landscape is drastically changing, if you haven’t noticed. If you can get your hands on real estate in neighborhoods like: Mid-City, Broadmoor, Central City and CBD–do it!
5) Henry Glover’s Mother & Family: How will the family pursue justice after the acquittal of David Warren?